Roku 3500R Streaming Stick (HDMI Version)
The Roku 3500R Streaming Stick (HDMI Version) is a convenient little stick that streams loads of entertainment to your TV. Choose from 1,500+ channels and 31,000+ movies with more added all the time. Control it with the included remote or from your mobile device. Even cast Netflix, YouTube and personal media from your smartphone or tablet to your TV.
What's the Difference Between the 3500R HDMI Streaming Stick and the 3400R Roku Ready Streaming Stick?
The Roku 3500R Streaming Stick (HDMI version) uses USB or AC power and is controlled by the included enhanced remote or your personal mobile device. The Roku Streaming Stick (Roku-Ready version) uses a special port (MHL) to power the device and can be controlled by the manufacturer remote or the Roku Ready included remote. The 3400R Roku Ready version is only compatible with MHL-port ready devices.
Roku 3500R Streaming Stick Product Features:
- Compact stick design. Plugs discreetly right into the HDMI port. Great for wall-mounted TVs.
- 1,500+ entertainment channels and counting. By far the most movies, TV episodes, sports, news, music, kids’ shows, and free channels of any streaming player.
- Control with included remote. Comes with a simple-to-use remote that the household can share. With RF technology, you can use your remote without pointing it at the TV.
- Or control with your smartphone and tablet. Download the free Roku iOS or Android app to choose what you want to watch on your Roku player via your mobile device. It’s your choice.
- Send to TV from mobile. With apps from Netflix and YouTube, cast videos from your smartphone or tablet straight to your TV.
- Display personal media. Send your videos, photos and music stored locally on your smartphone to your TV screen with the Roku app.
- Find what you want to watch. Roku Search makes it a snap to find your favorite movies and shows from top channels like Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO Go, Amazon Instant Video and VUDU. Even compare pricing.
- Channel shortcut buttons. Jump straight to favorite channels such as Netflix and Amazon Instant Video with the push of a button.
- Stunning HD video quality. Immerse yourself in the action with rich, vibrant video streaming in up to 1080p HD.
- Dual-band wireless. A robust extended-range wireless connection seamlessly streams video with ease and speed.
Availability of 1080p HD video limited by channel provider and speed of broadband connection.
Roku Search is for movies and TV shows and does not work with all channels. Premium subscriptions are required and are not included with purchase.
Video playback of personal media via the Roku app is limited to iOS and select Android™ devices.
Subscriptions or other payments' may be required to access content on certain channels. For example, Netflix requires a paid subscription, which gives you access to movie and TV show titles in the Netflix streaming catalog. Some channels may not be available to all households in every market or in all countries where Roku' players are sold.
Plugs into the HDMI port on your HDTV.
Control with included remote, smartphone or tablet. You choose.
Cast Netflix, YouTube and personal media from your phone to your TV.
Find favorites with Roku. Search across major channels.
Compare Roku models
| || || || |
Tiny stick. Big entertainment.
Works with virtually any TV.
Private listening headphone jack.
Fully loaded and lightning fast.
|TV compatibility|| |
Virtually any TV
Virtually any TV
|1,500+ entertainment channels|| || || || |
|Built-in wireless|| || || || |
|Roku Search across multiple top channels|| || || || |
|Plays up to 1080p HD video|| || || || |
|Control with included remote or mobile devices via the Roku app|| || || || |
|Send videos, photos and music stored locally on your smartphone to your TV via the Roku app|| || || || |
|Dual-band wireless|| || || || |
|Channel shortcut buttons to Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and more|| || || |
|Remote with headphone jack for private listening|| || || || |
|Cast to TV direct from the Netflix and YouTube apps|| || || || |
|Motion control for games (Angry Birds Space included)|| || || |
|Lightning fast with 5x faster processor|| |
|Ethernet, USB & microSD slot|| || || |
Roku 3 works with HDTVs with HDMI port. HDMI cable not included.
Availability of 1080p HD' video limited by channel provider and speed of broadband connection.
It's ridiculously easy
From the simple remote to the intuitive interface, Roku Streaming Stick™ (HDMI Version) was designed to set up in a few quick-and-easy steps. All you need to get started is a high-speed Internet connection (and an HDTV, of course). The built-in wireless and guided setup mean you can be up and running in minutes. And we bet you don’t even have to call your nerdy nephew for help.
Included with the Roku Streaming Stick™ (HDMI Version)
- Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI Version)
- Roku standard remote with channel shortcut buttons
- 2 AA batteries (for remote)
- USB power cable + wall adapter
- Get started guide
- iOS and Android™ apps available
What you need
- A TV with HDMI port
- High-speed Internet (like DSL or cable)
- Wireless router
In general, the faster your Internet connection, the better the video quality. For the best viewing results, we recommend a minimum of 1.5 Mbps for standard definition and 3.0 Mbps for HD content. To test your network speed, visit either one of the following (free) websites: speakeasy.net/speedtest/ or www.speedtest.net. Please note that your Internet speed may vary throughout the day.
Subscriptions or other payments may be required' to access content on certain channels. For example, Netflix requires a paid subscription, which gives you access to movie and TV show titles in the Netflix streaming catalog. Some channels may not be available to all households in every market or in all countries where Roku players are sold.